Community HealthNet Health Centers is currently looking for patient-focused, high-energy, and well-rounded Associates to join our team. This page contains a list of current job opportunities.
*Community HealthNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The Outreach and Engagement Department Manager oversees and manages the day-to-day operations of the Outreach and Engagement Department, which includes managing Outreach and Engagement Specialists’ attendance reporting, training, supervision and completing performance evaluations of staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans outreach events with Staff within the communities served by Community HealthNet, Inc. to assist with improving enrollment of individuals in affordable healthcare and insurance programs.
- Provides leadership and collaborates with groups and individuals who are working to improve the health of the community.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders, public and private volunteers, and Coalition partners to strengthen the Covering Kids and Families (CKF) Coalition’s capacity in Northwest Indiana.
- Functions as a problem-solving and communications resource for the Outreach and Engagement Team and provides them with information about monthly expectations of the department, and relays feedback from their efforts in a positive manner.
- Ensures Outreach and Engagement Specialists receive and maintain their Navigator Certifications through both the Federal and Indiana State Navigation Certification Programs.
- Ensures eligible consumers complete and submit applications for Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP), Hoosier Healthwise, and other qualified health plans available through the federal Marketplace.
- Facilitates, maintains, and actively participates in CKF/Lake Coalition efforts and events to develop effective community outreach programs and strategies to identify and enroll eligible children and adults through Community HealthNet’s outreach and enrollment endeavors.
- Assists in developing and implementing appropriate marketing and communications strategies necessary to support CHN ‘s Outreach and Engagement programs, and CKF-IN activities.
- Plans and schedules regular meetings with Community HealthNet’s Outreach and Engagement Team to establish goals for CHN Outreach and Engagement Programs and the CKF-IN program.
- Develops annual work plans for CHN Outreach and Engagement Programs and CKF-IN program and monitors implementation of the plans.
- Maintains databases and other evaluation tools to track and assess local outreach, enrollment, and retention activities for CHN programs and CKF-IN program, and compiles monthly enrollment statistical reports to share with CHN Leadership and the Coalition for CKF-IN.
- Works with the Community HealthNet’s Leadership and the CFO to prepare and submit programmatic and financial reports for Outreach and Engagement Program/Grant Activities related to Outreach, and CKF-IN within established timeframes.
- Actively participates in CKF-IN working committees as requested and attends CKF-IN local and statewide coalition meetings.
- Assists in fulfilling contractual agreement requirements with CKF-IN.
- Maintains and submits required timesheets, reimbursement requests, etc., in accordance with established Community HealthNet’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains and safeguards Community HealthNet’s equipment, supplies, etc.
- Complies with Community HealthNet Inc., and State and Federal policies and procedures concerning protection of client records and Protected Health Information (PHI). *
- Fulfills Community HealthNet’s and/or State prescribed continuing education requirements.
- Schedules and participates in team-building activities and training, team planning meetings and regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Attends required meetings and meets regularly with Community HealthNet’s Leadership to exchange pertinent information and to receive supervision and guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field such as health care, communications, marketing, insurance and risk management, public relations, etc. preferred, or minimum of 5 years relevant experience may be substituted.
- Must attain/maintain certifications as a Federal and State of Indiana Navigator within 120 days of employment.
- Knowledge of public and private health insurance options, MCE’s, the Affordable Care Act, community outreach, health policy, health communication and/or health education.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills which include but are not limited to editing and proofing written work and delivering trainings and presentations to staff and groups of various sizes.
- Experience in social media a plus.
- Ability to work somewhat autonomously and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with staff, members, and partners.
- Ability to work with individuals from varied professional backgrounds.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive partner relations.
- Ability to conduct detailed analytical evaluations and studies and prepare related reports and recommendations.
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory language in a manner which effectively communicates decisions, rules, policies, and procedures, verbally and in writing, to a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, promotes a harassment-free work environment, and can relate to people of diverse age, ethnic, racial, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules.
- Ability to handle repetitive tasks efficiently.
- Valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
Benefits Eligible: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, EAP, Paid Time Off
Qualified candidates who wish to apply for the position should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@chn-indiana.org